The life in front of you is far more important than the life behind you.Joel Osteen
Find Something to Look Forward To – Just thinking about something that you are looking forward to can raise your endorphin levels by 27%.
- Plan coffee with a friend.
- Plan to surprise a family member with a visit.
- Plan to watch your favorite movie.
- Plan a real date with your significant other.
- Plan a hike on your favorite trail.
(Source: The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor, p. 52)
Time to take out your calendar and to plan something that you will enjoy! When my husband and I get bogged down by the day to day, we like to talk about our vacation plans. Sometimes those plans are rooted in reality and sometimes they are not, but either way, we feel better when we’re done. What is rooted in reality is the time we will take off to do something together.