I was out of town last week, and I accumulated three Sunshine Blogger Award nominations!!! Thank you so much:
I am so flattered to be nominated by such wonder people who consistently provide insightful content. I enjoy each of you and your blogs immensely!!!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy. The Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
Questions Posed to Me (combination of all 3 nominations)
1. Last place you traveled to and why? I just got back from Kansas City, Missouri where my middle child was competing in Destination Imagination Global Finals.
2. A dream vacation. I would love to visit Ireland and the Grand Canyon, obviously two different trips.
3. When was the last time you got into an argument with someone and what was the reason? I argue with my West Highland Terrier, Sugar, all the time that she does not need to go outside as often as she says she does.
4. An inspiring person throughout in your life? Nancy and Nila are two people who showed me unconditional love as long as they have known me, and neither are directly related to me. Nancy was a family friend, she passed in 2016. Nila is my husband’s aunt. She is in her 90’s, most likely, she won’t really say. They have no obligation to love me, they just do. They inspire me to be the best version of myself.
5. Which flower do you like most? Carnations, preferably white or pink.
6. What do you love the most? When I feel like I contributed positively to someone’s journey of self discovery and empowerment.
7. What is your opinion about death? It comes when it wants, it takes who it wants, and that’s the human experience. The soul is eternal.
8. What is your favorite book? My favorite two books so far this year are The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor and The Fifth Gospel by Ian Caldwell.
9. What was the best ever present you’ve received? When I turned 20 my then boyfriend and now husband baked me a heart shaped, layered birthday cake. All of my birthday cakes until that point had been out of the box, sheet cakes. I felt so special and so loved by that gesture.
10. Mention 3 small sources of happiness. E.g. popping bubble wraps. I love when my husband giggles about something silly, I love when my whole family is having a conversation together, and I love that my cat sleeps by my side every night.
11. What do you hope never changes? I hope my kids continue to have a good relationship with one another as adults.
My Nominees: I looked for people who didn’t already have the award. I also realize that some of you may not participate in awards, so no pressure to conform. I enjoy your work either way! 🙂
- What is the best present you ever received?
- What are three small sources of joy for you?
- Where is the last place you traveled and why?
- Where is your dream vacation?
- What did you want to be when you were little?
- When did you feel that what you said or what you did really resonated with your soul?
- What are you afraid of or what fear have you overcome?
- What is one of your favorite books?
- What is your favorite type of cuisine?
- What is one of your favorite songs?
- What is one of your favorite movies?
Thanks for having fun with us!!!